Victorian Dress Museum

Get In Contact

Victorian Dress Museum ,
312 2nd Ave. S.W.,
Rugby, ND 58368
Copy Address | Address copied to clipboard
The former Saint Paul's Episcopal Church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on Dec. 3, 1992.
The church building was dedicated on Jan. 25, 1905, the cornerstone having been laid in September, 1903. The church is of the Late Gothic Revival architectural style. The walls are made of local split fieldstone, roughly dressed and well laid up in courses. No particular color dominates, but pinks, grays, and tans are well represented.

The ornate stained glass windows of the church were originally in the Holy Trinity Episcopal Church at 42nd and Madison Avenue in New York City, which was dedicated on April 17, 1865, and torn down in 1899. They were a gift to the parish of this "prairie mission" by the church in New York by paying the shipping costs of $40.

Interior arrangement and details continue the liturgically correct Late Gothic Revival design of the exterior. An important defining feature are the four sets of heavy wood cross trusses and the fine wood ceiling and wainscoting on the lower part of the walls.
The church was closed in 1978 and deconsecrated in 1991. It is now called the Victorian Dress Museum. A collection of 23 reproduction - prize winning - Victorian style dresses are displayed with accessories in the building. Tours can be arranged by calling 701-776-2189

48.367069, -99.997992

Victorian Dress Museum

Open in MapsOpen in Maps