Camp Hancock State Historic Site
Located at 101 E. Main St., Bismarck, this site preserves part of a military installation established as Camp Greeley in 1872 to provide protection for work gangs then building the Northern Pacific Railroad. The camp's name was changed to Camp Hancock in 1873. A log headquarters building still stands on the site;. It has been enlarged and remodeled several times, and the logs have been concealed by clapboard siding. The building serves as an interpretive museum for artifacts and information about local history.
- Dates of Operation
Grounds are open year-round.
Free, donations welcome