2020 Tourism Main Street Expansion Grant Recipients Announced
BISMARCK, N.D. – The North Dakota Department of Commerce today announced nine recipients of 2020 Tourism Main Street Expansion Grants.
Main Street Expansion Grants support new or expanding businesses and activities that provide an improved visitor experience, with an emphasis on attracting new visitors to North Dakota communities.
“These grants will help communities develop or enhance vibrant downtowns and draw visitors to enjoy unique architecture, local culture and diverse activities,” North Dakota Tourism Director Sara Otte Coleman said.
The grants are intended to fund new projects that attract visitors from outside of North Dakota for at least one overnight stay with the goal of giving communities and the state another experience to entertain visitors and potential new residents.
Grant recipients for 2020:
- Bike Sharing System, City of Cavalier: Installation of bike sharing system on Main Street and nearby at Icelandic State Park.
- The Cubby Hole, Garrison Improvement Association: Creation of downtown multi-use facility and pocket park.
- Fort Seward Glamping Experience, Discover Jamestown Tourism: Reconstruction of authentic frontier Army site camping experience at Fort Seward.
- Multipurpose venue to house 50,000 pencil collection, City of Wahpeton: Multipurpose venue will house collection of 50,000 pencils, research center and Wahpeton historical artifacts.
- McHenry County Western Museum, McHenry County Historical Society: Rehabilitation of the future McHenry County Western Museum.
- The Clubhouse, Hillsboro: Golf simulator and recreation and entertainment destination.
- Ellendale Opera House Entryway, O.P.E.R.A. Inc.: Upgrade entryway, expand access for the disabled at Ellendale Opera House.
- Nome Schoolhouse, Shepherd Industries: Renovation of old schoolhouse for use as bed and breakfast, art space and retreat center.
- Passenger Van, Chasing Horses: Purchase of 13-passenger van for group photography tours into Theodore Roosevelt National Park from Medora.