Dickey County Heritage Center

46.138627, -98.093823

Southcentral
Dr. I.V. Lisko dentist office from the late 1930's at the Dickey County Heritage Center in Oakes, ND.
Dickey County Heritage Park in Oakes, ND - Bearcreek Township One room schoolhouse
Dickey County Heritage Center's historic 1891 church at the Dickey County Historical Park in Oakes, ND
Dickey County Historical Society's historic 1891 church at the Dickey County Historical Park in Oakes, ND.
Antique farm tool exhibit of early farming days at the Dickey County Heritage Center in Oakes, ND.
Early 1900's Parlor at the Dickey County Heritage Center in Oakes, ND
Dickey County Heritage Center in Oakes, ND 3 floors of exhibits to include Oakes area history, old antique farm tools, 1930's dentist office, pioneer kitchen, military and much more!
The Soo Line caboose dining area at the Dickey County Historical Park in Oakes, ND that is managed by the Dickey County Historical Society.
1950's Kitchen at the Dickey County Heritage Center in Oakes, ND
The Dickey County Historical Park in Oakes, ND includes a Soo Line caboose, 1891 church, railroad depot and a one-room schoolhouse as part of the Dickey County Historical Society organization.
1909 Historic bridge built by Dakota Bridge Builders Inc. of Fargo at the Dickey County Historical Park in Oakes, ND.
424 Main Ave.,
Oakes ND 58474
Find us on:
Share This Listing

The Dickey County Historical Society manages the Dickey County Heritage Center, the Dickey County Historical Park and the Stage Coach Historic Sign in Oakes. The Dickey County Heritage Center is a three-story building filled with exhibits of an 1880s dental office, doctor's office, military history room, 1900s prairie kitchen, antique farm tool display, vintage wringer washing machine collection, 1950s Western Bell Telephone station and a complete collection of the local Oakes Times newspaper dating back to 1906 to the present day.  

The Dickey County Historical Park on the west side of town includes an early 1900s Soo Line caboose, Bear Creek Climax schoolhouse, a 1891 Methodist church, a 1909 Security Bridge Company bridge and a Soo Line train depot. The Dickey County Historical Society was granted an official charter in February 1975 by the North Dakota Secretary of State. 

All Features

Availability
  • Open Year 'Round
    1
General Information
  • Hours of Operation
    Group and private tours are also available by appointment. Historical park available for private event functions. Tour and event contacts: 701-710-1481 or 701-710-0861
Guest Information
  • Family-Friendly
    1

Questions