COVID-19 Information for Tourism Partners
The North Dakota Tourism and state marketing team is working with the Office of the Governor, North Dakota Department of Health and Joint Information Center to closely monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Our goal is to gather and distribute the most accurate and timely information and share resources that may be useful to industry partners.
First and foremost, we understand the significant impacts the COVID-19 outbreak has on the travel industry and assure you that we will do everything we can to support the more than 2,900 businesses and 42,000-plus employees of North Dakota’s travel industry.
We're all in this together.
The travel and tourism industry is one of the areas of the economy most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. But history shows that pent-up demand surges after crisis. Our goal has always been to make data-driven decisions that improve the image of North Dakota and enhance its awareness as a travel destination.
The next North Dakota Tourism Industry Chat will take place on Monday, Jan. 11. This is a virtual presentation on the latest visitation data and trends, as well as topics important and especially relevant to the hospitality industry. The presentation takes place at 2 p.m. CT. Guests can join it by clicking on this link. You can also email Heather LeMoine to have the meeting invite forwarded to you.
- Recordings of previous Tourism Industry Chat calls can be found on Asset Bank by clicking here.
This year's Tourism Industry Summit was held in conjunction with the Main Street Summit. Special tourism topics were featured on October 7th.
- Access the presentation slides for Destination Data: How Awareness Impacts the Economy
- Access the presentation slides for the 2021 Tourism Planning Session
Please make sure you are signed up for the Tourism Industry newsletter. This is how alerts and information will be shared. To subscribe, please email Scooter Pursley at [email protected].
North Dakota Smart Restart
Executive orders closing recreational facilities, restaurants and entertainment venues expired on April 30. ND Smart Restart Protocols have been issued, after industry collaboration, to provide guidance for safe operational and instilling consumer confidence. Protocols can be found online at the ND Response portal.
- Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of all Travelers, U.S. Travel Association
- Standards for all industries
- Guidance for restaurants, bars, breweries, distilleries, food trucks
- Guidance for farmer's markets
- Information for Campgrounds
- Guidelines for lodging and food establishments, North Dakota Department of Health
- Instructions for Disinfecting Facilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Instructions for colleges and universities, and facilities that house overnight, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Travel and Tourism Resources
- North Dakota Talking Points
- U.S. Travel Association Coronavirus (COVID-19) Toolkit
- U.S. Travel Association Coronavirus Social Media Guide
- Research Sources compiled by the Travel and Tourism Research Association
- ADARA Traveler Trends Tracker
Facts, Not Fear
Please refer to the following sources for accurate, up-to-date information on COVID-19.