COVID-19 Information for Tourism Partners
The North Dakota Tourism and state marketing team is working with the Office of the Governor, North Dakota Department of Health and Joint Information Center to closely monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Our goal is to gather and distribute the most accurate and timely information and share resources that may be useful to industry partners.
First and foremost, we understand the significant impacts the COVID-19 outbreak has on the travel industry and assure you that we will do everything we can to support the more than 2,900 businesses and 42,000-plus employees of North Dakota’s travel industry.
We're all in this together.
The travel and tourism industry is one of the areas of the economy most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. But history shows that pent-up demand surges after crisis. Our goal has always been to make data-driven decisions that improve the image of North Dakota and enhance its awareness as a travel destination.
- Monday, June 1 at 2 p.m. CST/1 p.m. MST, will be the next North Dakota Tourism Industry Chat - a conference call to connect with industry partners and discuss the latest data and situation. These calls are video-enabled to allow sharing research, slides and information. To join the call, just click this link at the meeting time.
- Recordings of previous calls can be found on Asset Bank by clicking here.
- Please make sure you are signed up for the Tourism Industry newsletter. This is how alerts and information will be shared. To subscribe, please email Scooter Pursley at [email protected].
- The North Dakota Department of Commerce and Greater North Dakota Chamber of Commerce are offering Business Briefing conference calls. Sign up online by clicking here
North Dakota Smart Restart
Executive orders closing recreational facilities, restaurants, entertainment venues and more expired on April 30. ND Smart Restart Protocols have been issued, after industry collaboration, to provide a roadmap to a better, safer and healthier tomorrow. Protocols can be found online at the ND Response portal.
- Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of all Travelers, U.S. Travel Association
- Standards for all industries
- Guidance for restaurants, bars, breweries, distilleries, food trucks
- Guidance for farmer's markets
- Information for Campgrounds
- Guidelines for lodging and food establishments, North Dakota Department of Health
- Instructions for Disinfecting Facilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Instructions for colleges and universities, and facilities that house overnight, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Travel and Tourism Resources
- North Dakota Talking Points
- U.S. Travel Association Coronavirus (COVID-19) Toolkit
- U.S. Travel Association Coronavirus Social Media Guide
- Research Sources compiled by the Travel and Tourism Research Association
- ADARA Traveler Trends Tracker
Facts, Not Fear
Please refer to the following sources for accurate, up-to-date information on COVID-19.