COVID-19 Information for Tourism Partners
The North Dakota Tourism and state marketing team is working with the Office of the Governor, North Dakota Department of Health and Joint Information Center to monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and impacts to the travel and tourism industry. We understand the significant impacts the pandemic has on the travel industry and assure you that we will do everything we can to support the more than 2,900 businesses and 42,000-plus employees of North Dakota’s travel industry.
We're all in this together.
The travel and tourism industry is one of the areas of the economy most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. But history shows that pent-up demand surges after crisis. Our goal has always been to make data-driven decisions that improve the image of North Dakota and enhance its awareness as a travel destination.
The recently passed $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 will bring financial relief to individuals and businesses, including those in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry.
State, local and territorial governments will receive $360 billion for economic relief that can be used for small businesses and tourism and hospitality, and $20 billion in funding for public transit systems. Click here for travel industry relief resources from the U.S. Travel Association.
In addition, the plan includes $28.6 billion for restaurants through the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, which provides debt-free relief for small and mid-sized restaurants. Details on the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant will be available soon from the SBA.
The North Dakota Tourism Division is hosting regular online presentations to provide information relevant to grants, funding, policies, trends and data that affects the travel and tourism industry's recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. You can email Heather LeMoine to have an official presentation meeting invite forwarded to you.
- Recordings of previous Tourism Industry Chat calls can be found on Asset Bank by clicking here.
Please make sure you are signed up for the Tourism Industry newsletter. This is how alerts and information will be shared. To subscribe, please email Scooter Pursley at [email protected].
This year's Tourism Industry Summit was held in conjunction with the Main Street Summit. Special tourism topics were featured on October 7th.
- Access the presentation slides for Destination Data: How Awareness Impacts the Economy
- Access the presentation slides for the 2021 Tourism Planning Session
North Dakota Smart Restart
ND Smart Restart Protocols are designed to provide guidance for safe operation and instilling consumer confidence. Protocols can be found online at the ND Response portal.
- Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of all Travelers, U.S. Travel Association
- Standards for all industries
- Guidance for restaurants, bars, breweries, distilleries, food trucks
- Guidance for farmer's markets
- Information for Campgrounds
- Guidelines for lodging and food establishments, North Dakota Department of Health
- Instructions for Disinfecting Facilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Instructions for colleges and universities, and facilities that house overnight, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Travel and Tourism Resources
- U.S. Travel Association Coronavirus (COVID-19) Toolkit
- U.S. Travel Association Coronavirus Social Media Guide
- Research Sources compiled by the Travel and Tourism Research Association
- ADARA Traveler Trends Tracker
Facts, Not Fear
Please refer to the following sources for accurate, up-to-date information on COVID-19.