312 10th Ave. N.,
The mansion was built in 1909-10 by Wallace Grosvenor who was an architect and owned many lumber yards. He also was a bank vice-president at a Casselton Bank and owned many houses in Mayville and surrounding areas. The mansion was a dream come true for Wallace as he had planned it for years as a realization of his ability to design a home of this size and as a home for his family to enjoy together with relatives and good friends and for the people of Casselton to enjoy in the way of dance parties. Many dances were held on the third-floor ballroom. The wood used was specially picked by him and is still exquisite. The mansion has 8,000 square feet and three floors with a full basement. Present owners are John & Inez Woell, who purchased the house in 1994 and they have restored and furnished the mansion with items purchased from the previous owner, items from estate sales, auctions sales or new from furniture stores.