North Dakota hunters have a great passion for the outdoors. The opening of a hunting season is often treated like a holiday for many families. There's a reason not only North Dakota hunters, but thousands from other states, show such passion.
Hunting opportunities across North Dakota range from upland game birds to an array of big-game species to abundant waterfowl. The North Dakota Game and Fish Department is your resource for resident and non-resident licenses and fees. It also has detailed maps of the state's hunting zones for deer, waterfowl and upland game.
2013 Waterfowl Opening Dates
- Early Canada Goose - Aug. 15
- Ducks - Sept. 21 (Early resident); Sept. 28
- Geese - Sept. 21 (Early resident); Sept. 28
- Tundra Swan - Sept. 28
2013 Upland Game Opening Dates
- Dove - Sept. 1
- Sandhill crane - Sept. 14
- Sharp-tailed grouse - Sept. 14
- Hungarian partridge - Sept. 14
- Tree squirrel - Sept. 14
- Ruffed grouse - Sept. 14
- Ring-necked pheasant - Oct. 12
2013 Big Game Opening Dates
- Deer Bow - Aug. 30
- Pronghorn Gun/Bow - There will not be a pronghorn season
- Bighorn Sheep - Oct. 18 Bow; Oct. 25 Gun. Only lottery winners
- Elk - See Game and Fish website for dates
- Deer Gun - Nov. 8
- Moose - See Game and Fish website for dates
Digital Hunting and Fishing Guide
North Dakota is a hunter's paradise. Let us help you plan your next hunt for deer, pheasant, geese and more. Click here to view the digital Hunting and Fishing Guide.