The North Dakota Travel Industry Conference is the premier event for tourism marketers and professionals.
Each spring, North Dakota's travel and tourism partners come together in networking and education in order to grow the state's industry, celebrate success and work to enhance Legendary experiences for our guests. The format of the conference includes national and international keynote speakers, local and regional practitioner presentations, workshops, pre-conference events, social gatherings and the annual Governor's Awards Luncheon for Travel and Tourism. There is also access to industry suppliers and vendors who sponsor the conference.
Who should attend?
If your business, organization or event serves non-resident visitors to the state and/or resident travelers, this conference is for you.
Future conference schedule:
- 2015: April 20-22 at the Holiday Inn Riverside, Minot
- 2016: April 11-13 at the Alerus Center, Grand Forks
Governor's Awards for Travel and Tourism
Each year the North Dakota Travel Industry Conference recognizes exceptional work, results and dedication with the Governor's Awards for Travel and Tourism. This year's winners are:
- Behind the Scenes Tourism Employees: Don & Pat Demars, volunteers at Turtle River State Park, near Arvilla
- Event of the Year: Mandan Rodeo Days Celebration, marking its 135th year in 2014
- Front-line Tourism Employee: Gabriel Mejia, Staybridge Suites Hotel, Minot
- Tourist Attraction of the Year: Fort Buford State Historic Site/Missouri-Yellowstone Confluence Interpretive Center, Williston
Available speaker presentations include:
- Kelly McDonald's How to Market to People Not Like You: The New Market Segmentation
- Kelly McDonald's Changing Demographics & How they Affect Business
- Sara Otte Coleman's North Dakota Tourism Industry Update
- Fred Schafer's The Velvet Rope: Where the Cool People Work
- Erin Francis-Cummings' The State of the International Traveler
- Steven Paganelli's Getting the Most Out of TripAdvisor
- Chad Jacobsen and Sylvia Weiler's Advertising in the Digital World
- Kenan Bullinger's Business 101 in Tourism
- Al Anderson's North Dakota Economic Growth