Muddy River Blues Society Music Festival
For the past six years, the Muddy River Blues Society (MRBS) as hosted a free outdoor "Blues Festival" in August. This event is open to all ages and features 3-4 Blues artists. In years past, this event showcased national and regional touring acts as well as local talent. The MRBS is scheduled to hold its 2018 free outdoor "Blues Festival" at the amphitheater in General Sibley Park and Campground in Bismarck. This event has experienced continued attendance and growth, as well as overwhelmingly positive feedback from the community. The festival has seen an average of 200-500 people the last several years and these numbers continue to grow.
Muddy River Blues Society is a local non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to educate and promote Blues music in all its forms to individuals of all ages. The goals of the society include:
1. Preserve, cultivate, promote, and support Blues in Bismarck-Mandan and North Dakota.
2. Increase awareness and appreciation for the Blues.
3. Provide a forum for exchange about current Blues news and events.
4. Provide a network for area Blues lovers.
- Dates of Operation: Saturday Aug 4, 2018, 2-10 p.m.
- Concerts & Live Music
- Outdoors & Nature
- Wildlife & Nature