5th Annual Beefin’ It Up; Fuel for the Finish 5K Run, 10K Run, 5K Walk, ½ Mile Kids Fun Run
Promoting HEALTH, FITNESS and FUN
The North Dakota CattleWomen (NDCW) and its partners will showcase the heart-healthy benefits of beef during its fifth annual "Beefin' It Up; Fuel for the Finish" 5K Run/Walk and 10K Run on October 1, 2016. This year's event will again include a special race for the smallest of our cowboys and cowgirls. We are offering the kids a half-mile run. For the folks who won't find themselves near Mandan we are also offering a unique "virtual" run which can be completed by the participant at any time during race week.
A portion of this year's proceeds will be donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation of North Dakota. The Make-A-Wish organization grants the wishes of children diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition. The North Dakota Chapter has been making wishes since 1985 and the NDCW are proud to support this organization with race proceeds.
The race is open to everyone, from dedicated athletes to individuals who just want to get some heart-healthy exercise. High-quality, nutrient-dense protein, like beef, play an important role in overall health and wellness. That is why the NDCW is pleased to sponsor this event and share its worthy message throughout the state. In previous races, the NDCW used race proceeds to donate educational beef books to libraries across the state. After the 2015 race, we have been able to purchase more than 1,600 books for schools and libraries across the state in the four-year history of the Beef Run.
Eating nutrient-dense beef as part of a balanced diet and being physically active can be part of the solution to maintaining a healthy weight and a growing body of evidence shows the nutrients in lean beef, such as protein, iron and B-vitamins, help maintain a healthy weight, build muscle and fuel physical activity.
Find more information about the "Beefin' It Up; Fuel for the Finish" 5K Run/Walk and 10K Run at the event's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BeefinItUpFuelForTheFinish
- The 5K/10K route will follow paved trails and roads from The Post along the beautiful Missouri River into Fort Lincoln State Park.
- The run/walk will be professionally chip timed by Competitive Timing with the race results available after the race has been completed at: http://CompetitiveTiming.com
- Your pre-registration will include a race shirt! Those who register after September 1st will be on a 1st come, 1st serve basis as long as they last. The t-shirts will be a long sleeve, moisture wick shirt available in an adult men's size and also in youth sizes for the smaller participants.
- All Participants will receive a Medal upon completion along with beverage and healthy re-fuel snacks provided by the North Dakota CattleWomen.
- There will be a small processing fee included with your on-line registration.
- Dates of Operation: 10/01/2016
- Adventure Activities
- Fall Foliage
- Lewis & Clark Trail
- National & State Parks
- Outdoors & Nature