North Dakota Tourism Invites Travelers to Start Planning Their Legendary Summer Vacations Today
BISMARCK, N.D. – More than 60 percent of travelers take less than two months to plan their vacations. With summer weather on the way, North Dakota Tourism invites travelers to begin planning their Legendary summer adventures in the state today.
Among the many ways to plan a vacation, the majority of North Dakota visitors use the Internet. Here are North Dakota Tourism’s top online resources for travel planning:
- 2015 Travel Guide – Travelers can also request a hard copy
- 2015 Hunting & Fishing Guide – Remember, fishing is always in season in North Dakota!
- Interactive ND Map – Find accommodations, attractions, visitor services and more
- Facebook and Twitter - Daily ideas and travel tips let visitors interact with ND Tourism
When planning what to do, there are a number of “golden” reasons to visit North Dakota in 2015, including:
- State Parks 50th Anniversary – Celebrations will be held throughout the summer at different parks across the state beginning May 1.
- Medora Musical 50th Anniversary – In its 50th season, the Musical runs nightly from June 5-September 6 at the outdoor Burning Hills Amphitheatre. Tickets go on sale April 27.
- North Dakota State Fair 50th Anniversary – July 17-26 in Minot, this year’s concerts will feature Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Aerosmith and more.
Other Legendary adventures are waiting at Theodore Roosevelt National Park (National Parks free days include April 18-19 and August 25), Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center, Maah Daah Hey Trail, International Peace Garden, Devils Lake, North Dakota’s renowned golf courses and more.
These are just a few of the opportunities to plan your summer vacation to North Dakota. For more information, go to NDtourism.com or phone 701-328-2525 or 800-435-5663.