Fargo to host 2014 North Dakota Travel Industry Conference
Fargo, N.D. – The Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) in conjunction with the Destination Marketing Association of North Dakota (DMAND) and the North Dakota Department of Commerce Tourism Division are pleased to announce the 2014 North Dakota Travel Industry Conference.
The event will be in Fargo, April 14-16 at the Hilton Garden Inn.
This annual conference includes education and networking sessions on industry trends, marketing and business topics.
Highlights of the event will include:
- A pre-conference session on Monday, April 14 about tourism business development. “Growing Tourism Businesses in a Growing North Dakota” will feature national expert Joanne Steele from Rural Tourism Marketing Group and local operators who successfully run tourism operations. This workshop is for anyone currently operating a tourism business, or those who are considering it and want to learn about the benefits.
- Breakout sessions covering business metrics, workforce management, international marketing, food travel, digital marketing, and more.
- North Dakota Tourism Director Sara Otte Coleman will provide a North Dakota Tourism Division update at a luncheon to be held Tuesday, April 15 at noon.
- Governor Jack Dalrymple will present the Governor’s Awards for Travel and Tourism at a luncheon Wednesday, April 16 at noon.
The annual conference for tourism partners and marketers will feature a lineup of guest speakers from throughout the U.S. for the general sessions.
Keynote speakers and topics being presented at the conference will include:
- How to market to people not like you – Kelly McDonald, national expert in multicultural marketing and consumer trends
- Striking back at mediocrity, Fred Schafer, performance specialist, thought leader and humorist
- The Outlook for Canadian Leisure Travel – David Redekop, principal research associate at Canadian Tourism Research Institute
The full conference agenda and online registration can be found at www.ndtourism.com/information/2014-travel-industry-conference.