Deadline nearing for 2014 tourism grant programs
Bismarck, N.D. - North Dakota’s tourism entities have until August 30 to apply for marketing and event match grants from the North Dakota Department of Commerce, Tourism Division.
North Dakota Tourism Director Sara Otte Coleman says these grants are important to not only the tourism industry partners who receive the funds, but to the state's tourism industry as a whole, "These funds allow tourism entities to promote an event or develop marketing materials.”
Events and Marketing Grant Programs
North Dakota Tourism directly sponsors two grants programs that provide a maximum of $5,000 in matching funds for promotion of regional events and for specific tourism marketing plans.
The Events Grant Program provides funds to communities and event promoters wanting to regionally promote their 2014 tourism-related event. Qualifications include:
- Must be two or more days in length.
- Must be an annual event (no centennial celebrations, etc.).
- Must be a unique event (e.g., no Fourth of July, Labor Day, etc., celebrations).
- Must have visitor appeal and growth potential.
The Marketing Grant Program provides funds to develop marketing materials to promote an experience, activity or place unique to the North Dakota. Qualifications include:
- At least 75 percent of marketing activities resulting from the grant must be promotional, focused on providing travel information.
- Communication must focus on illustrating unique North Dakota experiences in support of the state’s tourism branding, “North Dakota Legendary,” to maximize brand equity.
- Must demonstrate partnerships and regional collaboration in the promotional effort. Applications that package or cross-sell tourism experiences, education vacations and new technology-based marketing programs will be scored higher.
Applications for both the Events and Marketing Grant Programs must be received by August 30, 2013. Recipients of approved grants will receive 25 percent of the grant money within 90 days. The remaining 75 percent will be paid following the event or completed marketing project.
Grant applications are available at http://www.ndtourism.com/industry/north-dakota-tourism-grants.
For more information on tourism grants, contact Dean Ihla with North Dakota Tourism at 701-328-3505 or email@example.com.