July 30, 2015 North Dakota Tourism E-Newsletter
Keep up on the latest tourism industry news impacting North Dakota
July 30, 2015 Newsletter
- 4 Bears Casino plans to complete a ballroom and expanded gambling floor by the end of July. New event center scheduled for completion in July 2016 will hold 4,000 people. http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/three-affiliated-tribes-expanding-bears-casino-and-lodge/article_c7433052-256b-11e5-8acd-0f160e4da790.html
- Lawrence Welk Homestead, now owned by the state, is open Thursday-Sunday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission is $5 per person. Future plans include new interpretive and exhibit plans to showcase pioneer farming and hometeading and Germans from Russia. http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/region/3772670-feelings-bittersweet-welk-family-prepares-sign-over-home
- American Airlines is offering more non-stop flight options for a limited time from August 5-17. http://www.inforum.com/business/3781150-american-adds-limited-time-dallas-fort-worth-flights-fargo
- Slide The City, a family friendly slip-and-slide water party event, will be in Mandan and Fargo in August. Includes live music, food and drinks. For more information and to register go to: http://www.slidethecity.com/about/.
- Hit the road on your motorcycle and earn a patch with our Scenic Byrider Program: http://www.ndtourism.com/articles/north-dakota-scenic-byrider-program
- Baymont Inn and Suites, Grand Forks, just opened.
- Comfort Inn, Mandan, now open.
Are you one of the 25,000 who follow @NorthDakota on Twitter? If so, thank you for your support! This continues to be one of our top social media platforms for sharing fun things to see and do, fantastic travel opportunities and current events taking place around the state. If you’re on Twitter, be sure to follow and we’ll do our best to tag and retweet your content! Stay #NDLegendary!
What’s new in your area for 2016? We are pulling ideas together for next year and would love to include your expanded, enhanced or new entities in our 2016 pitch packets. If you would like to be included in this FREE opportunity, please send a brief description along with a picture of your “What’s New” for next year to Kim Schmidt at @[email protected].
North Dakota added some new exposure in the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport this summer. This large ad was a great complement to the pillar wraps, airport travel guide distribution and the Delta Sky feature.
Going the extra mile may seem daunting at times, but your visitors will appreciate it and recognize your efforts.
Speaker Becky McRae will share insights from her real-world experience at highly-ranked website Small Biz Survival and in her award-winning book Small Town Rule at the Big Ideas for Small Communities presentation Sept. 22 at the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center in Washburn. Registration is $50. Click here for more information.